1. Canada is an Indian word meaning ‘Big Village’.
3. 70% of the world’s maple syrup is produced in Quebec, Canada.
5. The Canadian dollar coin is called a loonie, and the two dollar coin is called a twoonie.
6. Drumheller (in Alberta, Canada) has the most dinosaur bones of any city in the world.
7. Canada’s first prime minister, Sir John Alexander Macdonald, was an alcoholic.
8. The Canadian territory of Nunavut is home to half of the world’s polar bears.
9. The Canadian flag was established less than fifty years ago.
10. Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world combined.