2. Chocolate manufacturers use 20% of the world’s peanuts and 40% of the world’s almonds.
4. 17,000 people in Belgium work in the chocolate industry.
6. The average chocolate bar in the U.S. contains at least 8 pieces of insects. Cacao beans are harvested in the tropical countries of South America and piled in the farmer’s field where they lie for six days. During this time, insects and rodents make their nests in the piles. Yuck!
8. Chocolate was first enjoyed in beverages, it was only much later that it came to be used in solid form.
9. American and Russian space flights have always included chocolate.
10. Chocolate syrup was used for blood in the famous 45 second shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock’s movie, Psycho, which took 7 days to shoot.