1. Spiders have existed for at least 350,000 years. There are approximately 37,000 species of spiders in the world.
3. The largest spider is the Goliath Birdeater. It lives in the rain forests of South America and has a leg span of up to a 30 cm.
6. America’s one dollar bill has a hidden spider. Look for it in the top-right corner on the front of the bill.
7. The weight of insects eaten by spiders every year is greater than the total weight of the entire human population.
8. A tarantula‘s bite can be painful, but it isn’t any more dangerous than a bee sting.
10. Spiders have 48 ‘knees’… eight legs with six joints on each.